It was wonderful to see so many happy faces August 15th. I hope every continued to READ over the summer. In November we will have our Fall Book Fair.
Build-A-Snowman Spelling Game
Now that the winter months have arrived, here’s a fun way to experience the season without needing to bundle up for the cold.
1. Divide your whiteboard into three columns. Draw a snowman in the middle column. Include a hat, scarf, nose, eyes, mouth and buttons. You can use the snowman shown here as a guide, or create your own.
2. Divide your class into two teams. One team will use the left column; the other will use the right column.
3. Alternating between teams, give each student a word from your spelling list.
4. Upon spelling correctly, the student draws a part of his or her team’s snowman.
5. Upon misspelling, the student remains on his or her team but does not draw a snowman part.
6. The first team to replicate the original snowman wins!
Summer is a great time to get lost in a good book. Bowling Green Elementary School sent home a pamphlet with Summer Reading and a reading log. Students who completed the log will be eligible for a prize to be given out when school starts back up in August! If you completed your Summer Reading Log please give her log to Mrs. Hupp-Polla
Welcome to Bowling Green Elementary Library. I hope everyone had a fabulous summer and continued to read over the summer. I wish everyone a happy new school year. I am looking forward to seeing all of you soon.
First Day of School-August 17th
Our Scholastic Book Fair will be at our school Monday, March 16th, 2015 – Friday, March 20th, 2015. The fair will be open from 9:00 am – 3:00pm on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. On Tuesday the Book Fair will also be open from 5:00PM – 7:00PM during the Reading Night on March 17th.
We are looking for Book Fair volunteers. If you can help, complete the form below and send it back to Mrs. Hupp-Polla (Librarian) or call the school to speak to her.